[petsc-users] Shell matrix MatCreateVecs

Greg Meyer gregory.meyer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 15:51:08 CDT 2017

Hi,

I have written a shell matrix for non-standard vectors (CUDA to be
specific) that works great. MatMult and MatNorm perform as they should.
However, when I try to use it in a SLEPc algorithm, it breaks because
MatCreateVecs yields standard vectors even if I set "-vec_type cuda".
Looking through the source etc. it seems that MatShellSetOperation can't be
used to implement a new MatCreateVecs function (MATOP_CREATEVECS does not
exist). Is there a way to change the type of vector that comes from
MatCreateVecs for shell matrices?

Thanks in advance,
Greg