[petsc-users] Periodic BCs in DMPlex

Andrea Ferrero ferreroandrea13 at yahoo.it
Tue Sep 13 14:31:01 CDT 2016

Hello everyone,
I have a question about the implementation of periodic boundary
conditions with the class DMPlex.
I used this class to implement a discontinuous Galerkin discretization:
I read and distribute the mesh starting from a GMSH file
by means of the DMPlexCreateGmshFromFile function.
How do you suggest to manage the periodic boundary condition in DMPlex?
Periodic BCs can be trivially activated in DMDA but it seems to me that
there isn't the possibility to immediately activate them in DMPlex.
Should I read the mesh with DMPlexCreateGmshFromFile and then manually
change the Hasse diagram in order to keep into account
the periodicity?
Many thanks

Andrea