[petsc-users] PETSc parallel scalability

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Fri Sep 9 00:29:57 CDT 2016

Jinlei Shen <jshen25 at jhu.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for the replies. They are really helpful.
>
> I just used the ksp ex2.c as an example to test the parallelization on my
> cluster, since the example have flexible number of unknowns.
> I do observe that for larger size of the problem, the speed-up shows better
> with more processors.

That example is intended to be readable by people new to PETSc, but it
is not a good choice for benchmarking because it uses a naive
distribution and solves an extremely easy problem.  Perhaps a large
deformation elasticity example (SNES ex16) would be more representative
of your target application?