[petsc-users] questions on hypre preconditioner

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 5 12:26:14 CDT 2016

> On Sep 5, 2016, at 11:21 AM, Fande Kong <fdkong.jd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Developers,
>
> There are two questions on the hypre preconditioner.
>
> (1) How to set different relax types on different levels? It looks to use the SAME relax type on all levels except the coarse level which we could set it to a different solver. Especially, could I set the smoother type on the finest level as NONE?

   I don't think this is possible through the PETSc interface; it may or may not be possible by adding additional hypre calls. You need to check the hypre documentation.

> (2) How could I know how many levels have been actually created in hypre, and how many unknowns on different levels?   The "-pc_view" can not tell me this information:

-pc_hypre_boomeramg_print_statistics integer  different integers give different amounts of detail, I don't know what the integers mean.