[petsc-users] Petsc Profiling for Each Function

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 19 19:33:00 CDT 2016

   To start you should just run the code with the ./configure option --with-debugging=0 with the option -log_view this will give you the high view of where it is spending the time. Feel free to email back the output. From that you can focus on what parts are both taking a lot of time AND running slowly and that gives a good idea of what needs to be optimized.

   Barry