[petsc-users] problem during configuring

Seungbum Koo doougsini at gmail.com
Wed May 11 23:29:51 CDT 2016

I am installing PETSc-3.7.0 on my new computer. The only thing that I
installed after installing Ubuntu 16.04 is Intel compilers.

While configuring, I faced with following error message.

seungbum at asterix:~/install/petsc-3.7.0$ ./configure
PETSC_DIR=/home/seungbum/install/petsc-3.7.0 PETSC_ARCH=arch-intel-debug
--with-mpi-dir=/home/seungbum/install --with-debugging=1
--with-debugger=gdb --with-blas-lapack-dir=/home/seungbum/intel/mkl
--download-hdf5=yes --download-superlu=yes --download-superlu_dist=yes
--download-metis=yes --download-parmetis=yes --download-scalapack=yes
--download-mumps=yes
             Configuring PETSc to compile on your
system
TESTING: checkCLibraries from
config.compilers(config/BuildSystem/config/compilers.py:168)
                    UNABLE to EXECUTE BINARIES for ./configure
Cannot run executables created with FC. If this machine uses a batch system
to submit jobs you will need to configure using ./configure with the
additional option  --with-batch.
 Otherwise there is problem with the compilers. Can you compile and run
code with your compiler '/home/seungbum/install/bin/mpif90'?
See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html#libimf

seungbum at asterix:~/install/petsc-3.7.0$

It is confusing because I already installed PETSc-3.7.0 on the workstation
in my lab with exact same configure options without any problems.

Can anyone help?

Seungbum