[petsc-users] virtual nodes at processes boundary

praveen kumar praveenpetsc at gmail.com
Fri May 6 05:08:53 CDT 2016

Hi,

I am trying to implement Petsc for DD in a serial fortran FVM code.  I want
to use solver from serial code itself. Solver consists of gauss seidel +
TDMA. BCs are given along with the solver at boundary virtual nodes. For
Ex: CALL TDMA(0,nx+1), where BCs are given at 0 and nx+1 which are virtual
nodes (which don't take part in computation). I partitioned the domain
using DMDACreate and got the ghost nodes information using DMDAGetcorners.
But how to create the virtual nodes at the processes boundary where BCs are
to be given. Please suggest all the possibilities to fix this other than
using PETSc for solver parallelization.

Thanks,
Praveen