[petsc-users] DMPlex hdf5 example

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jun 27 18:18:34 CDT 2016

hi

> Does anybody have a simple example of HDF5 I/O for transient data with DMPlex?
> I can?t figure out how to handle time steps: there does not seem to be a way to specify appending time steps when using PetscObjectViewFromOptions, and PetscViewerHDF5PushGroup and seem to not have any effect when viewing a Vec obtained tom a DMPlex.
I've done this, based on what's done in the Vec tutorial example ex19.c.

But to get the timesteps to work properly with DMPlex I replaced the
PetscViewerHDF5SetTimestep() call with DMSetOutputSequenceNumber().

See thread here:
http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/petsc-users/2015-October/027353.html

- Adrian

--