[petsc-users] da_overlap and zero pivot row

Xiangdong epscodes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:15:55 CDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I am trying different number of da_overlap to see its effects on nasm and
aspin preconditioner. The codes works fine with -da_overlap 0. However,
when I change the option -da_overlap 1, it crashed with the error message
like "zero pivot row 12544 value 0 tolerance 2.2e-14". The option
-pc_factor_nonzeros_along_diagonal does not fix this zero pivot issue.

Do you have any quick suggestions for me to try to fix this issue?

Thank you.

Best,
Xiangdong