[petsc-users] Problem with interpolating projected field of quadratic order

Sander Arens Sander.Arens at ugent.be
Sat Jun 18 08:56:05 CDT 2016

Hello all,

Recently I've been trying to run a fem problem using DMPlex, PetscFE, etc.
using a mesh created with gmsh. I used DMPlexReverseCell to get rid of the
negative jacobian determinants. However, I noticed another problem: when I
projected the coordinates on a quadratic fem-field and interpolated them
they didn't match the interpolated values of the original coordinate field
anymore.

I attached a simple test to reproduce this. With linear interpolation I see
no problem, it's only when I start using quadratic interpolation.

I have no idea why this is giving problems. Am I missing something simple
here or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Sander