[petsc-users] KSPSolve errors on blues

Xujun Zhao xzhao99 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 11:41:51 CDT 2016

Hi all,

I am running a FE Stokes Solver with schur complement type PC on blues. The
program runs well when mesh is 40X40X40 (0.88M dofs), but when I use
60X60X60 mesh, the program crashes and gives out some errors, which looks
like a segmentation fault. The "strange" thing is that it runs well with
1CPU, 2CPUs, but fails on 4 or 8 CPUs. The log files are also attached. It
seems like the global matrix and vector are assembled well, and errors come
out before calling the KSPSolve().

btw, I use the recent PETSc 3.7 dbg version. for libMesh I use both dbg and
opt version, but none of those can give useful information. Has anyone met
such situations before? Many thinks.