[petsc-users] MatMkl_CPardisoSetCntl

Matthew Overholt overholt at capesim.com
Mon Aug 22 13:10:00 CDT 2016

>> On Aug 22, 2016, at 10:49 AM, Matthew Overholt <overholt at capesim.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am using the Intel MKL CPardiso library as a PC direct solver, and I am trying to
>> figure out how to properly set options (the Pardiso and CPardiso “iparm” parameter
>> values in the Intel docs).

> On Aug 22, 2016, at 12:32 PM, Barry Smith wrote:
>    The easy way to set these is via the options database so from the command line you
> can use -mat_mkl_cpardiso_<icntl> <ival> for example -mat_mkl_cpardiso_10 13  or in
> the code you can write PetscOptionsSetValue(NULL,"-mat_mkl_cpardiso_10","13"); make
> sure that you call the PetscOptionsSetValue() BEFORE you call KSPSetFromOptions().

Thanks, Barry, that is very helpful.  I can successfully set some of the CPardiso parameters now from the command line (or otherwise, using the options database), but according to "-help" the only MKL_CPARDISO Options available are -mat_mkl_cpardiso_1 and _65 through _69.  If I specify option 10 as you suggested I get a warning that the option was not used.  I would like to get access to several other parameters to try and fix my zero pivot problem.  How should I do that?  Does the MKL interface make use of some -pc_factor* options (such as -pc_factor_zeropivot) when it calls CPardiso?

Thanks again,
Matt Overholt

---