[petsc-users] Example for unstructured grid, metis, petsc

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 09:45:06 CDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Mohammad Mirzadeh <mirzadeh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Matt,
>

>> Yes. It is working on SNES ex12, ex62, and TS ex11. We have some more
>> work to do testing adaptivity, but simple
>> gradient indicators are working right I think.
>>
>>   Thanks,
>>
>>      Matt
>>

> Is there a document/todo-list sort of thing that outlines the roadmap with
> p4est integration? What things are done/remains to do sort of draft?

Toby may have a more extensive one. Shortly, if all you want is for PETSc
to manage the grid, the p4est integration
is done. It works in parallel and can do most things Plex does. For
anything else, it just falls back to Plex. For very large
problems, we might want to write more of the Plex functionality into p4est,
but that would wait for users getting that large.
Most of our work now is concerned with

  - Interfacing with the rudimentary discretization support in PETSc

  - Designing better adaptivity measures

  - Fixing inconsistencies in the interface

 - Supporting mixed grid-particle methods