[petsc-users] different convergence behaviour

Hoang Giang Bui hgbk2008 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 11:32:45 CDT 2016

Hi all

I'm a bit embarrassed that after careful investigation I found that I made
a wrong configuration in my problem settings. This makes the problem also
not converged with MUMPS at the first place. After fixing that problem, the
NR iterator converges normally with both MUMPS and Hypre. Although
ill-posed, the iterative solver achieves comparable tolerance comparing
with MUMPS solution.

Thanks again for all your helpful suggestions.

Giang