[petsc-users] High order finite volume method in unstructured grid using PETSc

leejearl leejearl at 126.com
Thu Aug 11 08:16:08 CDT 2016

Hi, all:

     I want to build a high order finite volume method in unstructured
grid using PETSc.

The first issue is to partition the grid. I use the DMPlex to manage the
data structure.

The procedure is as follow:

1> DMPlexCreateFromFile(), to load a grid into DMPlex;

2> DMPlexDistribute(dm, overlap, NULL, &dmdist)

I use DMPlexDistribute to distribute gird. For a high order method, I
want to set the

value of overlap to 2, and I think 0 or 1 is not enough. So, I test the
example

"/petsc-3.7.2/src/ts/examples/tutorials/ex11.c". The example is a 2ND
order FVM

code, and it use "DMPlexDistribute" too. But when I use the command

"mpirun -n 3 ./ex11 -ufv_mesh_overlap 2" to set the value of overlap to
2, it suffers

an error.

     Is there anyone can help me to point out:

    1> Can I set the value of overlap to 2?

    2> If I want to give the value of overlap as 2, is there any
additional codes which must be

added?

     Any helps are appreciated.

leejearl