[petsc-users] Multi-physics meshes with PETSc DM?

Andrew Ho andrewh0 at uw.edu
Wed Aug 3 16:57:03 CDT 2016

> It will not be periodic since periodic meshes in Plex are topologically
> periodic, meaning that
> there is no separate aliasing array. I could possibly read in the GMsh
> thing and do surgery
> on the mesh.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but being able to handle periodic
domains is important for me. However periodicity is handled there needs to
be a way to get access to the correct coordinates for the edge vertices of
elements on both sides of the periodic edge so cell volumes/Jacobians can
be computed correctly. I don't know why an aliasing array is necessary,
since I thought for a topologically periodic mesh
*DMPlexConstructGhostCells* should handle this correctly?