[petsc-users] Trivial parallelizing in SLEPc

Anders Jellinggaard anders.jellinggaard at quantumwise.com
Wed Sep 23 09:52:28 CDT 2015

Dear PETSc Users,

I want to find the smallest eigenpairs of a hermitian operator, A,
implemented as a matrix-less operator.

When computing y = Ax, I need the entire vector x, and I calculate the
entire vector y, therefore I want to avoid the ownership of x and y to
be spread over different processes.

To what extend can this problem be parallelized in SLEPc. For instance
can I use a block Krylov or block JD algorithm where different processes
compute different matrix vector multiplications. If I provide the
correct operations when constructing my MatShell, can I expect the FEAST
algorithm to compute each contour point on a different process?

Best regards
Anders J.