[petsc-users] pcfieldsplit for a composite dm with multiple subfields

Gideon Simpson gideon.simpson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 12:08:42 CDT 2015

The coming back to the original problem, I’m still unsure of how to diagnose the problem.

I am not sure if the listserv supports image attachments, but I dumped the snes_check_jacobian_view to disk and inspected the matrices with the spy command. I find that no entry in the saved matrix has absolute value larger than 10^{-2}.  There are some that have absolute value larger than 10^{-3}, but the actual values of the entries at those indices are on the order of 100 or 1000, meaning that they are small in a relative sense.

-gideon