[petsc-users] Query regarding convergence of KSP solver

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Sep 9 11:05:28 CDT 2015

Please always use "reply-all" so that your messages go to the list.
This is standard mailing list etiquette.  It is important to preserve
threading for people who find this discussion later and so that we do
not waste our time re-answering the same questions that have already
been answered in private side-conversations.  You'll likely get an
answer faster that way too.

Rachit Prasad <rachitp at vt.edu> writes:

> Thank You for the response. I have already set the pre-conditioner to
> PCILU. What should I do next? Try different pre-conditioners?

Yes.  You can (a) just try stuff, (b) search with an understanding of
methods and the problem you're trying to solve, or (c) consult the
literature for your class of problem and configure the solver based on a
paper that claims to work well.

You may find these tips useful.

https://scicomp.stackexchange.com/questions/513/why-is-my-iterative-linear-solver-not-converging?lq=1