[petsc-users] TS algo question

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Wed May 27 12:32:26 CDT 2015

Thanks, So I think I can move the IJacobian terms for the time dependant
equations to a matrix and apply this matrix in the RHSFunction, and use
backward Euler, which will mainly compute the auxiliary terms in the
solve.  But then the auxiliary variables will be a function of the state at
the end of the time step, whereas the forward Euler (or what the existing
code does) is computed with the state at the beginning of the time step.
This may not be the best way to verify this code ... Thanks again.