[petsc-users] Question about using Hypre with OpenMP under Petsc

frank hengjiew at uci.edu
Tue May 26 16:18:46 CDT 2015

Hi

I am trying to use multigrid to solve a large sparse linear system. I
use Hypre boomeramg as the preconditioner. The code calling KSPSolve is
paralleled by MPI.

I want to set Hypre to use OpenMP. Here is what I did:
* I downloaded and compiled Hypre through Petsc
* I recompiled the Hypre with " --with-opemp ".
* I set "-pc_type hypre" and "-pc_type_type boomeramg" for Petsc.

My question:
? In this way, would Hypre use OpenMP to parallel the execution when
KSPSolve is called ?
? If this does not work, is there another way I can set Hypre to use
OpenMP under Petsc ?
? Is there a way I can know explicitly whether Hypre is using OpenMP
under Petsc or not ?

Thank you so much
Frank