[petsc-users] Reg : PETSc Installation

Manish Kumar K Manishkumar.K at LntTechservices.com
Thu May 14 01:27:15 CDT 2015

Dear PETSc team,

                Greetings of the day.
I am facing error while installing PETSc on Windows using Cygwin shell/terminal .

Following is the steps followed for the installation from Cygwin shell

Method 1:

1)cd c:/cygwin64/package/petsc-3.3-p7      //PETSc top level directory
2) ./configure --with-cl=gcc --with-cxx=g++ --with-fc=gfortran --download-fblaslapack --download-mpich            //command to configure and install PETSc

I am getting an error on this commands invoked in Cygwin

Error message : C compiler you provided with -with-cc=gcc does not work

Method 2:

./configure --with-cc=cl --with-cxx=g++ --with-fc=gfortran --download-fblaslapack --download-mpich

Error message : C compiler you provided with -with-cc=cl does not work

Method 3:

./configure --with-cc='win32fe cl'  --with-fc='win32fe ifort' --with-cxx='win32fe cl' --download-fblaslapack

Error message : C compiler you provided with -with-cc=win32fe cl does not work

Any help on this would be of great value to me and my customers.

Best Regards
Manish K

L&T Technology Services Ltd

www.LntTechservices.com<http://www.lnttechservices.com/>

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.