[petsc-users] SLEPc - Generalized symmetric eigenproblem using ARPACK

Harshad Sahasrabudhe harshad.sahasrabudhe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 15:47:39 CDT 2015

> With MUMPS you should not get spurious eigenvalues.

I get only a few spurious eigenvalues when using MUMPS with ARPACK, but the
eigenvectors are definitely wrong.

Did you try the krylovschur solver?

Yes, Krylov-Schur gives me correct results.

How do you know the eigenvalues are wrong?

I'm testing my implementation of Schrodinger equation solver with a 3D
harmonic oscillator potential. I'm getting correct results using FEAST and
krylovschur solvers.

Are you setting problem type to GHEP?

Yes