[petsc-users] saving views as images

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 7 15:51:19 CST 2015

 Did you follow the directions in the manual page for PetscDrawSetSave()?

 "Requires that PETSc be configured with the option --with-afterimage to save the images and ffmpeg must be in your path to make the movie"

 So you have to install afterimage on your machine and then ./configure PETSc so it knows about it. If you have done all that and PETSc is being linked with the afterimage libraries then run your code with -info and send all the output; it may indicate why the images are not being saved.

  Barry