[petsc-users] working with petsc-dev

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 1 11:49:04 CST 2015

  It depends on how much has been changed in the repository since you pulled last. It may be a simple make is enough or it may be that a complete clear and rebuild is required. Unfortunately it is not possible to know, thus it is only safe to do a complete reconfigure. Note that unless you are pulling to get a specific new feature that was added there probably isn't a reason to git pull all that often (certainly not daily) maybe every couple of weeks or even once a month.

   Barry