[petsc-users] Reg : Building project using makefile in cygwin using petsc

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 17 08:59:03 CDT 2015

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015, Manish Kumar K wrote:

> Dear PETSc Team,
>

>          I am trying to build couple  .c files
>
> eg : solidification.c , solidification_solver.c , solidification_find_ijk.c and so on with one header global_header.c

Normal notation for a header file is to use a '.h' notation - i.e global_header.h

>  using makefile in Cygwin,
>
> For that I'm invoking following command
>

> make PETSC_DIR=/cygdrive/c/Scratch/petsc PETSC_ARCH=arch-mswin-c-opt cdat
>

> and I have placed my c files in petsc location " =/cygdrive/c/Scratch/petsc/arch-mswin-c-opt/cdat"

You can have your applications files in any location [don't need to add them to PETSc source or install dir]

> I get following error
>
> $ make PETSC_DIR=/cygdrive/c/Scratch/petsc PETSC_ARCH=arch-mswin-c-opt cdat
>
> make: *** No rule to make target 'cdat'.  Stop.

Are you sure you have the makefile in the same location as the sources?

include C:/Scratch/petsc/conf/variables
include C:/Scratch/petsc/conf/rules
<<<<<<<
This is not really cygwin make format.

Also you appear to link with /cygdrive/c/Scratch/petsc/arch-mswin-c-opt/lib/SDPFlex.lib
You would have to rebuild this with cygwin gcc/g++/gfortran compilers - for this to work.

If you are able to do that - the attached modified makefile is likely to work..

Satish