[petsc-users] Modified Taylor-Hood elements with piece-wise constant pressure for Stokes equation

Justin Chang jychang48 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:21:46 CDT 2015

I originally solve that example problem using LU. But when I solve this one:

http://fenicsproject.org/documentation/dolfin/1.5.0/python/demo/documented/stokes-iterative/python/documentation.html

By simply running their code as is for TH and adding the one like I
mentioned for MTH, I get the following outputs when I pass in -ksp_monitor
-ksp_view and -log_summary

The latter obviously takes a greater amount of time and iterations to
converge, and it was using the solver and precondition options that was
originally designed for P2/P1. I haven't experimented around with this
fully yet.

Thanks,
Justin