[petsc-users] Modified Taylor-Hood elements with piece-wise constant pressure for Stokes equation

Justin Chang jychang48 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 01:12:25 CDT 2015

There are a few papers that discuss this modified/augmented Taylor-Hood
elements for Stokes equations in detail (e.g.,
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10915-011-9549-4). From what I
have seem, it seems people primarily use this to ensure local mass
conservation while attaining the desirable qualities of the TH element.
Lately I have seen this element used in many FEniCS and Deal.II
applications (and it's also very easy to implement, just a few additional
lines of code), which is why I had wanted to experiment with this myself
(if possible) using DMPlex.