[petsc-users] SuperLU MPI-problem

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Sun Jul 26 08:41:24 CDT 2015

Coming in late to this thread but you are doing frequency domain NV.

Start by getting your time domain (definite, no omega shift) solves
working.  This can be a challenge for NV.  There are techiques for this but
we do not have them.  Start with plane aggregation (-pc_gamg_nsmooths 0),
this should be able to work OK, then try smoothing, this will probably not
work.

Now add the shift.  If you are shifting to high frequency then there is no
hope w/o very special methods so use a direct solver.

Mark