[petsc-users] petsc hangs

Aaron Kitzmiller akitzmiller at g.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 24 10:16:03 CDT 2015

I've been struggling with petsc builds in a couple of different contexts.  The software seems to build OK, but when I try to run tests it hangs.  This is also crippling a related tool called PISM.

I'm building on Centos 6.5 with gcc 4.8.2 and openmpi 1.8.3 and the system blas / lapack with the following configure line:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/petsc-install --download-superlu_dist --download-mumps --download-pastix --with-mpi-dir=$MPI_HOME --download-parmetis --download-metis --download-ptscotch --download-scalapack

MPI_HOME is set by our module system to the root of the OpenMPI installation.

I've also tried icc (15.0.0) with MKL and have the same problem.  Feels like it is something obvious, but can't figure it out.

ajk

Aaron Kitzmiller
Informatics and Scientific Applications
aaron_kitzmiller at harvard.edu