[petsc-users] proper Fortran usage for PetscMemoryGetMaximumUsage

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 2 20:10:14 CDT 2015

> On Jul 2, 2015, at 7:03 PM, Anthony Paul Haas <aph at email.arizona.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Barry,
>
> Here it is. Note that the options -memory_info and -malloc_log provide proper data but I wanted to monitor some operations more closely.

  That's odd, they all use the same mechanism.

   Run on one processor in the debugger  use the PETSc command line option -start_in_debugger noxterm

   then put a breakpoint in PetscMemoryGetMaximumUsage  and see what the values are when it gets there.

   Also run the same code with the option -memory_info  maybe the PetscMemorySetGetMaximumUsage() isn't working, though it should,

  Barry