[petsc-users] Conversion between AIJ & BAIJ

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 21 16:44:49 CST 2015

  Since you have various "physics" in the same matrix you can use the PCFIELDSPLIT preconditioner to tack each of the physics separately and then combine them together within the same overall preconditioner. For example the pressure subproblem inside the large matrix should likely be solved with PCGAMG while the other parts not. Take a look at the manual page. Loosely speaking PCFIELDSPLIT is kind of like using an operator splitting only within the preconditioner.

   Barry