[petsc-users] changing solver options at runtime

Manav Bhatia bhatiamanav at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 23:01:02 CST 2015

Hi,

   Is there a way to change, between two consecutive linear solves, the command line options that petsc uses to initialize the solver (using xxxSetFromOptions)?

   I am attempting a multidisciplinary simulation, such that each discipline has its own linear system of equations to solve (perhaps repeatedly), and I wish to set separate options for each disciplinary solve. Passing the options at command line will set the same values for each discipline, which is what I wish to change. Of course, this can be done by writing code to set each option, but the convenience of doing it through command line options is very attractive.

   Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Manav