[petsc-users] Partitioning in DMNetwork

Miguel Angel Salazar de Troya salazardetroya at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 11:33:41 CST 2015

Hi

In DMNetwork we have edges and vertices and we can add an arbitrary number
of variables to both edges and vertices. When the partitioning is carried
out, is this done according to the number of edges and vertices or the
variables? Say for example, that we assigned a very large number of
variables to the first edge, a number much greater than the total number of
edges or vertices. After the partitioning, the processor that contains that
edge with many variables would have a very large portion of the global
vector, wouldn't it?

This case is hypothetical and something to avoid, but, could it happen?
Would the partitioning be made in some other way to avoid this load
unbalance?

Thanks
Miguel

--