[petsc-users] gamg failure with petsc-dev

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Sat Mar 29 16:52:30 CDT 2014

Sorry for getting to this late.  I think you have figured it out basically
but there are a few things:

1) You must set the block size of A (bs=2) for the null spaces to work and
for aggregation MG to work properly. SA-AMG really does not make sense
unless you work at the vertex level, for which we need the block size.

2) You must be right that the zero column is because the aggregation
produced a singleton aggregate.  And so the coarse grid is low rank.  This
is not catastrophic, it is like a fake BC equations.  The numerics just
have to work around it.  Jacobi does this.  I will fix SOR.

Mark