[petsc-users] reg: Eigenvectors of general complex eigen value problem

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Mon Mar 24 03:54:14 CDT 2014

El 24/03/2014, a las 05:59, venkatesh g escribió:

> Ok. I used -st_type sinvert only,
>
> I am comparing it eigs after normalization. Even now the eigenvectors differ.
>
> Whether I should use a different eps solver ?
>
> Pls let me know.

It works for me, so you should provide more details about how you are loading the eigenvectors in Matlab and comparing them.

Note that the complex version of the example also writes the xi vector (which should not) so you will have zero vectors interleaved with the eigenvectors. If you want to avoid this, make the following change (line 179 of ex7.c):

#if !defined(PETSC_USE_COMPLEX)
       if (!ishermitian) { ierr = VecView(xi,viewer);CHKERRQ(ierr); }
#endif

Jose