[petsc-users] Solution history in TS

Gautam Bisht gbisht at lbl.gov
Tue Mar 11 16:59:13 CDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to solve groundwater flow equations using TS with SUNDIALS. The
domain for my problem is 3D, but the system will be solved as a collection
of independent 1D soil columns within the subsurface domain. I'm trying to
understand if I need TS corresponding to each soil column or can simply use
a single TS and reuse the single TS for all soil columns. Does TS keeps
history of solution between two calls to TSSolve()? If yes, then I would
need TS for each column, otherwise I might get away with just a single TS.
I appreciate your input on this topic.

Thanks,
-Gautam.