[petsc-users] Functions to return system time

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 9 12:36:25 CDT 2014

   We much recommend using PETSc’s logging for this purpose. If you run with -log_summary it outputs information about the amount of time and percentage of time and floating point operations and messages sent etc for different parts of the code. It also handles summing over all processes.

   To add your own events use PetscLogEventRegister(), then at the beginning of the piece you want timed use PetscLogEventBegin() and PetscLogEventEnd() at the end.

    Barry

MPI_Wtime() can be used https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=MPI_Wtime&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8