[petsc-users] Viewing DMPlex mesh as VTK file using DMViewFromOptions()

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Mar 6 12:00:48 CST 2014

I am trying to view just a DMPlex mesh as a VTK file using
DMViewFromOptions(). Using ":mesh.view:ascii_info_detail" as the format
dumps an ASCII representation to an ASCII file as desired. However,
using "vtk:mesh.vtk:ascii_vtk" does not write the mesh. My guess is that
the VTK viewer isn't writing because I don't view a field. Is there a
way to force the VTK viewer to write the mesh without viewing a field?

Thanks,
Brad