[petsc-users] Irritating behavior of MUMPS with PETSc

Gunnar Jansen jansen.gunnar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 09:09:29 CDT 2014

You are right about the queuing system. The job is submitted with a PBS
script specifying the number of nodes/processors. On the cluster petsc is
configured in a module environment which sets the appropriate flags for
compilers/rules etc.

The same exact job script on the same exact nodes with a standard krylov
method does not give any trouble but executes nicely on all processors (and
also give the correct result).

Therefore my suspicion is a missing flag in the mumps interface. Is this
maybe rather a topic for the mumps-dev team?

Best, Gunnar