[petsc-users] Cross compilation

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 19 07:56:36 CDT 2014

On Jun 19, 2014, at 6:47 AM, Werner Vetter <werner.vetter at vetenco.ch> wrote:

> Hi all
> I use Slepc + Petsc to calculate eigenvalues. I have written my program under Linux in Fortran 77. I configured Petsc + Slepc also under Linux and build static libraries. Everything works so far very well.
> Now I want to cross compile the program to build a target for Windows. For other programs I use mingw to do this.
> How do I have to configure Petsc + Slepc with mingw to build the static libraries.

   Are you planning to use the resulting static libraries from Microsoft Developers studio?  If so you need to follow the instructions at http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/installation.html#windows

   It is also possible to build PETSc using the cygwin gnu gcc and gfortran but we don’t generally recommend it.

   Unfortunately we don’t have a way to compile PETSc with mingw

   Barry