[petsc-users] SNES divergence

Sang pham van pvsang002 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 14:12:04 CDT 2014

Hi,

I am using DM structure and SNES to solve a 3D problem. In the problem I
have 3 variables.

I got SNES converged with a grid. Obtain result are physically right.
However when I refine the grid, SNES does not always converge, the reason
of divergence is line search fail or linear solver failed. (I also tried
other type of SNES, line search seems to be the one best fits my problem)

Can you please give me a suggestion to figure out the problem with my
solver? What options should I use to have pure Newton method in SNES? Is
there any advance option I can use with line search to improve SNES
convergence.

Thank you very much.

Minh.