[petsc-users] slepc4py: How to create a matrix in serial then find its eigenvalues in parallel?

Alex Eftimiades alexeftimiades at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 15:43:31 CDT 2014

I have a routine that creates a matrix in parallel by spawning
subprocesse. This is to say it is run from a serial python interpreter,
but spawns subprocesses so that it works in parallel. The result is a
scipy csr_matrix.

What would be the best way use slepsc4py to solve for eigenvalues and
eigenvectors in parallel? I tried a rather awkward method (described
below), but I suspect there is a better way to go about doing this.

I have currently tried saving the csr data to a file, reading it with a
new python interpreter spawned with mpiexec, and writing the resulting
eigenvalues and eigenvectors to a file. However, something is going
wrong as I read in the file from the python interpreter spawned with
mpiexec.

Thanks,
Alex Eftimiades