[petsc-users] Question about PETSc installs and MPI

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Sun Jul 20 22:48:02 CDT 2014

>     How about the attached patch for getting PETSc built for complex
>     in either C or C++ to work in the other language as well?

I like it and now I notice that PETSC_CLANGUAGE_CXX now appears in only
one place (CHKERRCXX), which I hope we can also change to __cplusplus.

Somehow I was hung up on std::complex being a non-POD type, but this
commit is fairly orthogonal.  There is no std::complex<__float128>, but
as far as I'm concerned, that's what people get if they try to use C++.
We could use __complex128 even in C++ mode, but I could see this
breaking in more confusing ways.