[petsc-users] Unable to download elemental

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jul 19 19:35:11 CDT 2014

  Jed,

   You miss the point that Apple thinks all those Linux things you want to use on Apple are just not relevant and don’t need to be used. In the Apple world you use Xcode and the Frameworks that Apple supplies and everything is hunky-dory; no need to mess with other stuff. Apple simply doesn’t believe in an ecosystem provided by “a bunch of people”.

  Now you can disagree that the Frameworks that Apple provides are all you will ever need but if you buy into it then it is a sane and relatively simple, though far from perfect, system.

  Barry