[petsc-users] Unable to download elemental

George Pau gpau at lbl.gov
Fri Jul 18 18:38:04 CDT 2014

Hi Barry,

Thanks, that works on my Ubuntu machine.

On Mac however, I have problem with the --with-cxx-dialect=C++11:

Could not determine compiler flag for with-cxx-dialect=C++11, use CXXFLAGS

So, I configure using the following:

./configure --with-cc=mpicc --with-cxx=mpicxx --with-fc=mpif90
--with-mpiexec=mpiexec --CXXFLAGS=-std=c++11 --with-cxx-dialect=C++11
--download-elemental

but, I still get

Could not determine compiler flag for with-cxx-dialect=C++11, use CXXFLAGS

I tried with just

./configure --with-cc=mpicc --with-cxx=mpicxx --with-fc=mpif90
--with-mpiexec=mpiexec --CXXFLAGS=-std=c++11

and it is fine.  I cannot specify --download-elemental without
--with-cxx-dialect=C++11.  Attached is the configure.log again.

Thanks,
George

gpau at lbl.gov
http://esd.lbl.gov/about/staff/georgepau/