[petsc-users] Unable to download elemental

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 18 18:06:42 CDT 2014

  Sorry, there is an error in our process:

                    Looking for ELEMENTAL in directory starting with elemental
                    Could not locate an existing copy of elemental:
                      ['Elemental-0.84-p5’]

It is looking for a directory that starts with a e while the directory has a capital e.

To fix change the name of the directory $PETSC_ARCH/externalpackages/Elemental-0.84-p5 to $PETSC_ARCH/externalpackages/elemental-0.84-p5

Then rerun with the same options as below (PETSc will use the directory you’ve renamed automatically).

Satish,

    Please check why it is using the elemental instead of the Elemental. Why doesn’t it hit our tests?

  Barry