[petsc-users] Viewing DM Vector stored on Multiple GPUs

Dominic Meiser dmeiser at txcorp.com
Fri Jul 18 18:33:43 CDT 2014

Hi Ashwin,

I've been working on this issue the last couple of days and wanted to
give you an update. First off, thanks for the test case. This has helped
a lot in tracking down the issues. I've created a couple of unit tests
based on your test case.

There were several independent bugs that prevented the VecView to work
with -dm_vec_type cusp. I've fixed some of them in this branch:

https://bitbucket.org/dmeiser/petsc/branch/fix-cusp-dmda

Viewing a vector created from a DM should now be possible. For instance
the test case you provided should work with this branch.

There are still some issues remaining. DMGlobalToLocalBegin/End and
DMLocalToGlobalBegin/End are not working. I haven't been able to track
these down yet. I'll return to this next week.

Cheers,
Dominic

--
Dominic Meiser