[petsc-users] Dirichlet boundary conditions for MATMPISBAIJ

Aurelia Cuba Ramos aurelia.cubaramos at epfl.ch
Thu Dec 4 07:14:40 CST 2014

Hi all,

I recently started using PETSc and I am working with the MATMPISBAIJ
matrix format. I am trying to apply Dirichlet boundary conditions by
calling MatZeroRowsColumns() but this function seems to be not available
for symmetric block matrices in parallel. I saw on the FAQ website that
another possible way is to use MatZeroRows() and -ksp_type preonly
-pc_type redistribute. But when I try calling MatZeroRows() I get again
a PetscErrorCode 56, so it doesn't seem to be supported neither. I am
currently using PETSc 3.4. Is MatZeroRowsColumns() avaibale for
MATMPISBAIJ in PETSc 3.5 and if not, what is the fastest way to apply
Dirichlet BC's for this matrix format?

Many thanks,

Aurelia