[petsc-users] Suggestions for code with dof >> 1 ?

Christophe Ortiz christophe.ortiz at ciemat.es
Tue Oct 8 04:00:59 CDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> >> - In this type of problem, which TS scheme is recommended ? TSARKIMEX ?
> >
> >    Beats me.
>
> ARKIMEX should give you a decent integrator with adaptive error control.
> Use '-ts_arkimex_type 1bee' to use backward Euler with an
> extrapolation-based error estimator.

Good to know. I tried TSBEULER but it has constant timestep.

-Is there any other TS with adaptive timestep ?

-With ARKIMEX, is there a way to control the timestep ? For instance, is it
possible to control the max factor between two successive timesteps (dt' =
factor*dt), in order to avoid rejections ?

- Is it possible to have Cranck-Nicholson with adaptive timestep ? I tried
TSCN but it seems timestep is constant.

- I also tried TSROSW. Seems to work quite well in some cases. How does it
compare to ARKIMEX ?

Christophe